The Footprint Awards are the only awards in the foodservice industry to be accredited by the RSA Environment Forum. They rewards businesses that demonstrate true initiatives and progress in areas including the use of natural resources, sustainable sourcing, social and environmental responsibility and energy efficiency.
“Winning the 2011 Community Vote Award was an outstanding achievement for us,” said Ian Spencer of Holland House Retreat Centre, which won the award last year.
“The win has increased people’s interest in us – they know that we take sustainability seriously – and we’ve developed 40 ways to be more sustainable.”
The Footprint Awards is also supported by many hospitality businesses and restaurants:
- Sodexo UK and Ireland: “We work tirelessly to embed responsible business practice across Sodexo’s operations and the Footprint Awards gave us recognition for the Better Tomorrow Plan, our sustainability strategy to 2020." - Thomas Jelley, Corporate Citizenship Manager
- Pret a Manger: “For businesses like Pret that take sustainability seriously Footprint Awards, as the only Awards for operators and suppliers alike, represents a great opportunity to showcase what great things are being done throughout the industry.” - Nicki Fisher, Head of Sustainability
- The Savoy: “The Savoy is a 5 star luxury product, what I am trying to do is show that sustainability can be luxurious too and change perception, Footprint Awards gave me the platform to communicate this.” - Debra Patterson, Environmental Manager
The following categories are welcoming entries for the 2012 Footprint Awards:
- Sustainable Use of Natural Resources, sponsored by Huhtamaki
- Innovations in Packaging
- Sustainable Sourcing, sponsored by epsys
- Environmentally Efficient Logistics
- Corporate Social & Environmental Responsibility
- British Supply
- Energy Efficiency
- Best Sustainable Catering Equipment Manufacturer
- Best Sustainable Foodservice Installation
- Commercial Benefit Through Sustainable Practice
- Stakeholder Communications, sponsored by Brakes
- Waste Management and Reduction, sponsored by Unilever Food Solutions
- Community Vote
- Special Achievement, sponsored by BaxterStorey
To find out more about the Awards, and for further information including detailed criteria and entry requirements for a specific Award, please visit www.footprint-awards.com .