The eight chef/sommelier teams who will be competing for this year's Champagne Jacquart Rising Stars trophy have been revealed.
Following the first round of judging paper entries, where entrants suggested a three-course menu to match different Jacquart Champagnes, judges decided on their finalists.
The sixteen finalists who will take place in the final at The Restaurant Show in London are:
- Lisa Allen and Adam Pawlowski from Northcote, near Blackburn in Lancashire
- Niall Keating and Alexandre Hristov from The Bath Priory Hotel, Bath
- Arnaud Delannay (Plateau) and Virgile Degrez (Pont de la Tour) From these two D&D restaurants, London
- Lindsay Mackay and Tobias Wetzler from The Carnegie Club at Skibo Castle, Scotland
- Lauren Philpin and Leandro Fenili from The Sloane Club, London SW1
- Jack Stein and Kit Clancey from The Seafood Restaurant, Padstow
- Grant Sherry and Douglas Kinnaird from The Grill Room at The Square, Glasgow
- Matthew Mawtus and Leonid Semakin from 1 Lombard Street, London EC3
Teams will have to prepare, cook and serve their menus to the judging panel live at The Resaturant Show on 10 October 2011 for the chance to win the Champagne Jacquart Rising Stars of 2011 title and a trip for four to visit Jacquart’s landmark headquarters at the Hôtel de Brimont in Reims.