The Hand & Flowers, owned by Tom and Beth Kerridge, becomes the first pub to be awarded two Michelin stars by the Guide, whose release was brought forward this year for the first time.
Guide editor Rebecca Burr said Tom Kerridge's cooking had 'risen to new heights.'
"His dishes are sophisticated yet familiar, and are a perfect match for the relaxed surroundings of his charming pub," she said.
“This is a good news story for the British pub industry and confirms our view that pubs serving good food are the ones that continue to thrive. In the 2012 guide we are delighted to have 13 pubs with Michelin stars”.
Burr said Restaurant Sat Bains in Nottingham, which won its first star in 2003, had earnt its second star due to Sat's focus on his 'original and creative' cooking.
Responding to the news, Bains said: "Amanda and I are absolutely delighted to have been recognised by Michelin and receive the second star. We have a great team here and each and every one has been part of this achievement. There will be quite a party at the restaurant today."
One stars and deletions
This year’s guide sees a wide geographical spread of new stars, stretching from the Driftwood Hotel in Portscatho, Cornwall to Glenapp Castle in Ballantrae, Scotland. There are three new stars in Scotland, one in Wales and four in London, which include Dinner by Heston Blumenthal and Jason Atherton's Pollen Street Social. There are also three new pubs with one star.
There were no new three stars awarded, but another 28 restaurants received a Bib Gourmand, the award given to establishments offering good cooking but at moderate prices.
Resturants losing stars were The Samling, Ynyshir Hall, La Becasse, Plumed Horse, Champany Inn, Tom Aikens, which has closed and Bingham Restaurant.
The Michelin Guide 2012 is out today and will be available in bookshops from Friday 7 October, priced at £14.99
New One Stars:
- Coworth Park, Ascot, Surrey
- Sir Charles Napier, Chinnor, Buckinghamshire
- Butcher's Arms, Eldersfield, Worcestershire
- The Pass, Horsham, West Sussex
- Tassili, St Helier, Jersey
- The Black Swan, Oldstead, North Yorkshire
- Driftwood, Portscatho, Cornwall
- The Checkers, Montgomery, Monmouthshire
- Glenapp Castle, Ballantrae, South Ayrshire
- Martin Wishart at Loch Lomond, West Dunbartonshire
- Castle Terrace, Edinburgh
- North Road, Clerkenwell, Islington
- Dinner by Heston Blumenthal, Hyde Park & Knightsbridge
- Hakkasan, Mayfair
- Pollen Street Social, Mayfair