Locatel has launched a new multimedia ‘infotainment’ system that hoteliers can connect to in-room TVs to provide guests with news feeds, TV, radio and on-demand films.
Aimed at mid-range hotels, Locatel’s Eclipse MiRa comes bundled with Philips MediaSuite TVs (although it works with any TV), allowing hoteliers to offer these revenue-driving services without the need for major investment in equipment or running costs.
Pierre Lestage, Locatel chief executive, said: “Previously, for expenditure reasons, a significant number of mid-range hotels could only offer very limited in-room service with stand-alone TV sets and digital TV channels, which did not meet their guests’ expectations.
“We foresee Eclipse MiRa as a strong business driver and leverage for three and four-star hoteliers wishing to expand their in-room offering.”
Scott Housley, general manager at Philips Hotel TV, added: “This unique solution allows hoteliers to offer the latest in in-room entertainment, without the requirement to invest in new and expensive cabling.
“As the Locatel solution does not require a set-top box, it can be installed and operated at a minimum cost. It offers a broad selection of interactive services, communication between hotelier and guests and allows for new revenue models. Plus, the high picture quality and the slim design of our MediaSuite TVs give guests a feeling they normally only can experience at home.”
Features of Locatel’s Eclipse MiRa:
- Electronic program guide, information, weather forecasts, live newsfeeds, pre-DVD on demand movies and city guides with extensive information and location maps.A server-based design, making it easy to operate, maintain and modify.
- It can be bundled with the Locatel HSIA Wi-Fi solution, reducing infrastructure costs.
- Enhanced sustainability due to paperless promotion of hotel services via TV sets.
- It creates new revenue streams; both indirect (increased consumption of chargeable hotel services and third-party advertising) and direct (chargeable on demand movies).
- The Web-based publishing tool enables hoteliers to take full control of their guest experience by modifying the portal content in real time.
- Personalisation of user interface with video backgrounds.
For more information about Locatel's products, visit www.locatel.net .