The finalists have been narrowed down from 21 semi-finalists after visits over the past weeks from judges John Vereker and John Sharratt and will now face the toughest part of the competition when they are called to London for a series of panel interviews in April.
Peter Thomas, chief executive of the BII said: “The standard of entries in 2012 was extremely high, an impressive level of professional excellence was demonstrated by all. It’s a testament to an industry that’s raising its game and adapting to meet the challenges presented by the modern licensed retail business. Finalists are our shining stars, ambassadors of best practice perfection and all at the BII are proud to work with them.”
The six finalists of the 2012 BII Licensee of the Year Award are:
- Tim Foster, The Wiremill, East Grinstead, Surrey
- Chris Kemp, The Cricketers, Hartley Whitney, Hampshire
- Mahdis Neghabian, The Camden Eye, London
- Jason Read & James Langford, The Plough Inn, Wrington, Somerset
- Victoria Steadman, The Whitmore Arms, Essex
- John Wyke, The Old Horns Inn, High Bradfield, Sheffield
The winner will be revealed at the BII’s Annual Lunch in May.