In the build-up to, and during, the event the news team was keeping anyone who couldn't make it to this year's ceremony at London's Guildhall updated with all the latest news, pictures and quotes from the leading lights in the industry.
BigHospitality also interviewed some of the top world chefs who stopped to chat on the purple carpet, give their predictions on the 2013 list and impart their thoughts on the UK dining scene.
In our exclusive video:
- Thomas Keller reveals why he thought it would be a good night for D.O.M.
- Jason Atherton explains why the UK chefs on the list have Raymond Blanc to thank.
- Tom Kerridge correctly predicts a win for El Celler de Can Roca.
- Glynn Purnell reveals which restaurant in Bray will always be the world's best to him.
- Heston Blumenthal suggests why some chefs were nervous about their placing on the list.
- Brett Graham and Michael Jonsson give their thoughts on the UK dining scene and on which British restaurants might feature on the list in the future.
- Plus see footage of the moment the Roca brothers found out they had won.
BigHospitality at The World's 50 Best Restaurants 2013
Don't forget you can still check out all of our coverage from before, during and after the biggest night in the restaurant world calendar:
- Nadia Santini, head chef at Dal Pescatore in Italy, was crowned the World's Best Female Chef 2013.
- Legendary French chef Alain Ducasse was awarded The World's 50 Best Restaurants' Lifetime Achievement Award for 2013.
- Noma may not have done an El Bulli but their three years as the world's best restaurant had a massive impact on the Copenhagen venue, as our investigation discovered.
- As it happened: our live blog gave readers an access all areas pass to this year's event.
- El Celler de Can Roca topped this year's list as our winners’ article, complete with interactive table; map and infographic, showed.
- The list in full: check out the 1-50 and 51-100 lists here.
- The world's top 10 restaurants in pictures.
- Heston Blumenthal: 'The Fat Duck is better now than when it topped The World's 50 Best Restaurants' - our exclusive interview in full.