Reducing the cost of staff recruitment through increasing staff loyalty and retention is key to providing your customers with an exceptional visit time and time again.
Digest and implement our ten point guide – helping reduce staff turnover and wasteful leakages
• Spend time and effort recruiting team members
Focus on the skills people have, not just education, utilise external support services such as recruitment agencies and the Job Centre to find key staff.
• Do not over promise and then under deliver
Be realistic at interview and selection; do not dangle option there that simply cannot be fulfilled.
• Provide training, advancement and a career path
Inductions are essential and give people realistic goals to aim for and accompany with tools to get there.
• Create a good, fun working environment
Make your place of work enticing to all, customers and staff.
• Empower your staff
You employ and pay your staff as adults - let them work as adults!
• Job swaps – encouraging variety and a sense of team motivation
Look at seconding people between roles giving them an understanding of the entire business. Instigate a ‘day in my shoes’ policy.
• Ask staff how they are – listen and if possible act on the response
Introduce appraisals or open forum meetings where staff can be honest without any reprisals – listen to the feedback.
• Recognise achievement and reward it
Incentives and gifts go a long way - award excellent work maybe employee of the month awards.
• Treat ALL employees with respect
Treat your team how you would expect and wish to be treated yourself.
• Conduct exit interviews when you do lose an employee
When a team member moves on, ensure you give them thanks for their efforts and commitment. Conduct a simple exit meeting to see why they are going, and what, if anything they would do or want you to do differently.
Click here to find out more about Full Circle Catering or email email@example.com