Patisserie Valerie founder unveils new restaurant concept

By Emma Eversham

- Last updated on GMT

Related tags: Patisserie valerie, Listed building

Enzo Scalzo will open a new art caf? in Belgravia in September

Patisserie Valerie co-founder Enzo Scalzo has unveiled a new restaurant project for London that will combine a traditional brasserie with an art gallery.

The new art cafT will be called Da Scalzo and will open in Belgravia in September at the former Goya restaurant site, serving breakfast, lunch and pre-theatre dinners.

A gallery showing contemporary British art will sit alongside the restaurant and Champagne bar.

Josh Leon, of Davis Coffer Lyons, the agent in charge of finding the site said: “It is a beautiful Grade II listed building in a bustling boutique-style part of town and it was perfect for Scalzo’s new concept.”

Scalzo sold an 80 per cent stake of Patisserie Valerie to Risk Capital Partners, the private investment vehicle of restaurant entrepreneur and Channel 4 chairman Luke Johnson in September 2006. His two younger brothers, Roberto and Victor, retained the remaining 20 per cent stake Patisserie Holdings which includes the Druckers Vienna Patisserie and Patisserie Valerie chains.

DCL have also sold the former Hamburger Union site on South End Road in Hampstead to continental coffee and bakery chain Le Pain Quotidien. The company will open its 11th site in the capital in September.

 

Related topics: Business

Related news

Spotlight

Follow us

Hospitality Guides

View more

Featured Suppliers

All suppliers