In this video, which may help inspire those chefs looking to improve their vegetarian offering next week, Simon Rimmer, chef owner of vegetarian restaurant Greens in Manchester, takes a gamble against Michelin-starred chef Marcus Wareing in the Northern round of this year's the Great British Menu, by serving a completely vegetarian 'meat' course.
Rimmer heads to the Rossendale Valley in Lancashire to source a handmade, vegetarian black pudding for his dish, Blackstick's blue roulade with crispy black pudding and onion jam dressing.
For more vegetarian recipe ideas from some of the UK's top chefs, see the links below.
- National Vegetarian Week: Matt Gillan's Cylinder of Red Onion
- National Vegetarian Week: Maria Elia's Aubergine Parcels
- National Vegetarian Week: Chad Sarno’s Beetroot Ravioli
- National Vegetarian Week: Amanda Powley's Smoked Sakuri Soba Noodle Salad
- National Vegetarian Week: Tony Bishop-Weston's Pumpkin with Vodka and Cinnamon Syrup