The deadline for the awards, which will this year comprise of seven categories including several new ones, is Thursday 31 March 2011.
The Considerate Hotel of the Year Awards 2010/2011 will be announced on 23 May 2011 at a gala lunch at The Savoy, London.
- The Considerate Hotel of the Year 2010/11 – which will be presented to the hotel that demonstrates the best overall performance in every aspect of their business, including a successful range of environmental initiatives, from energy and water conservation, waste reduction and support for sustainable food, to marketing, and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
- The Considerate Supplier of the Year Award 2010/11 – will have to be nominated by a hotelier and will be a supplier that has met the hotel’s environmental needs across their supply chain, including sourcing, ingredients/content, sustainability, social responsibility, value for money and quality of service.
- The Considerate Small Accommodation Provider of the Year Award 2010/11 – presented to an operation with less than 10 bedrooms, including B&Bs, guest houses, and restaurants or pubs with rooms.
- The Considerate Sustainable Food 2010/11 Award – for the operation that has made the best efforts to support local food producers, to purchase or produce ingredients ethically and sustainably, and to successfully communicate these efforts to guests.
- The Considerate Green Team of the Year 2010/11 – presented to the hotel with a team of staff that has made the biggest difference in 2010 through innovative and inspiring green initiatives.
- The Considerate Green Champion of the Year 2010/11 – will go to an individual nominated by colleagues for their dedication and inspiration in raising a hotel’s green standard.
- Best Green Marketing Initiative for 2010/11 – a new award which will go to the hotel that has produced the most outstanding green marketing initiative.
More information and entry forms can be found on the CHA website www.consideratehoteliers.com