The Jubilee Weekend will stretch from Saturday 2 June until Tuesday 5 June, with celebratory activities planned throughout the UK.
According to the tourism board VisitEngland, hospitality operators are likely to benefit from higher trade during the double bank holiday.
Dates for the diary to help you plan ahead are:
Saturday 2 June 2012:
- The Queen will attend the Epsom Derby
Sunday 3 June 2012:
- The Big Jubilee Lunch. The annual community street party event will be extended to incorporate Diamond Jubilee celebrations.
- The Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant. Up to 1,000 boats will assemble on the Thames, led by the Royal Barge carrying the Queen.
Monday 4 June 2012:
- BBC Concert at Buckingham Palace.
- The Queen's Diamond Jubilee Beacons. A network of 2,012 Beacons will be lit throughout the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and the commonwealth. Locations include: Church Tower beacons on the battlements of HM Tower of London, St. James’s Palace, London, and at The Palace of Holyroodhouse; Killyleagh Castle, Northern Ireland; Pen Y Fan Mountain, Wales; and Flash Church of England Primary School in Staffordshire, the highest school in Great Britain.
Tuesday 5 June 2012:
- Service of Thanksgiving and Carriage Procession. There will be a Service of Thanksgiving at St Paul’s Cathedral and a formal carriage Procession by the Queen.
The Queen’s press secretary said further details for all Diamond Jubilee events will be released early in 2012.