The 21-bedroom hotel, located on the outskirts of Bath, follows the purchase of Bishopstrow House in Wiltshire which the company, known as Longleat Enterprises bought last month.
So far, seven of the 26 Von Essen hotels being run by administrators, have new owners and a hotel development opportunity on Thorn Island in Pembrokeshire has also been sold. There were more than 200 bids made for the hotels, which were placed into administration back in April.
Homewood Park Hotel & Spa is set in a Georgian building and includes the Lime Restaurant, overseen by head chef Daniel Maudsley.
Longleat chief executive David Bradley said buying the second hotel was a 'logical strategic acquisition' by the company. More than a million people visit the Safari and Adventure park each year with 43 per cent of them on an overnight stop.
“This is the second strategic purchase we have made in as many weeks in our ongoing programme of acquisitions and investment to cement our position as the number one Safari and Adventure Park in the UK," he said.
“Homewood Park further compliments our position as a leading leisure attraction venue and provides our visitors with a second beautiful hotel location and facilities to make their visit to Longleat even more special.
Chris Day, Managing Director of Christie & Co, the agents in charge of the sale, said: “Homewood Park Hotel and Spa is another fine example of an historic country house hotel acquired by Longleat, and is an ideal companion to Bishopstrow House.”
The remaining hotels are:
- Cliveden, Taplow, Berkshire
- The Royal Crescent, Bath
- Sharrow Bay, Ullswater, Cumbria
- Ston Easton Park, near Bath
- Thornbury Castle, near Bristol
- Ynyshir Hall, Machynlleth, Powys, Wales
- Seaham Hall, Seaham, County Durham
- The Elms, Worcester
- Fowey Hall, Fowey, Cornwall
- Ickworth, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
- Moonfleet Manor, Weymouth, Dorset
- Woolley Grange, Bradford upon Avon, Wiltshire
- Callow Hall, Ashbourne, Derbyshire
- Congham Hall, King’s Lynn, Norfolk
- Dalhousie Castle, Bonnyrigg, Midlothian
- The Greenway, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Lewtrenchard Manor, Okehampton, Devon
- The Mount Somerset, Taunton, Somerset
- New Park Manor, Brockenhurst, Hampshire