Coworth Park was named Green Hotel of the Year, Corinthia Hotels won Hotel Spa of the Year, Eccleston Square earned In-Room Technology Innovation of the Year and Roland Fasel, general manager of the Dorchester, won Hotelier of the Year.
St Pancras Renaissance, which opened on 5 May this year following a £150m renovation of the 245-room hotel, was described as ‘setting a new benchmark for hotel standards across Europe’, beating off strong competition including the newly-renovated Savoy Hotel London and Soho House Berlin.
“We are thrilled and honoured to have won these two amazing awards,” said St Pancras’ general manager Kevin Kelly, who was also shortlisted for the Hotelier of the Year award. “It is a fantastic achievement for everyone involved.
“The refurbishment of this iconic building has been a long time in the making and we are delighted that all of the efforts have been acknowledged.”
The European Hospitality Awards, now in its second year, recognizes all hotels in Europe that have made an exceptional contribution to the world of hospitality. It is voted for and celebrated by hoteliers from across Europe.
The Lifetime Achievement in the Hotel Community award was won by Gabriel Escarrer Julia, chairman of Melia Hotels International.
The full list of winners on the night is as follows: -
- Hotel of the Year: St Pancras Renaissance Hotel, London
- Green Hotel of the Year: Coworth Park, London
- New Build of the Year: Borgo Egnazia Hotel Ville Spa & Golf, Italy
- Refurbishment of the Year: St Pancras Renaissance Hotel, London
- Interior Design Innovation of the Year: Sofitel Legend The Grand, Amsterdam
- In-Room Technology Innovation of the Year: Eccleston Square Hotel, London
- Hotelier of the Year: Roland Fasel, The Dorchester Park Lane, London
- Hotel Spa of the Year: Corinthia Hotels, London
- Hotel Service of the Year: La Maison Du Paradou, France
- Lifetime Achievement in the Hotel Community: Gabriel Escarrer Julia, Melia Hotels International
- International Hotel of the Year: Sanctuary Hotel, New York