Open to all UK hotels and smaller businesses including B&Bs and guest-houses as well as all pubs, inns and restaurants with rooms, the awards recognise establishments for innovative initiatives to reduce their carbon footprints.
Considerate Hoteliers Association director John Firrell said: “It seems like only yesterday that we were crowning Battlesteads Hotel & Restaurant the Considerate Hotel of the Year 2011, yet here we are again launching the 2011/12 CHA Awards programme.
“Each year, entrants show their innovation, dedication and passion via their ever increasing excellent standard of submissions. I am sure this year will be no exception. Difficult trading conditions, reducing financial resources and markets so often bring out the best in responsible businesses, and so it is with hospitality.
The awards will be presented on Thursday, 31 May 2012, at a special Gala Lunch at the 5-star luxury Four Seasons Hotel London at Park Lane. The CHA Award categories are as follows: -
- The Considerate Hotel of the Year
- The Considerate Sustainable Food Award
- The Considerate Green Team of the Year
- The Considerate Green Champion of the Year
- The Considerate Small Accommodation Provider of the Year Award
- National Considerate Supplier of the Year
- Local Considerate Supplier of the Year
- The Considerate Small Accommodation Provider of the Year Award’Best Green Marketing Initiative Award 2011/12