The Aspiring Manager Awards recipients were chosen after a process of nomination and discussion within their own companies, industry associations or with their suppliers. The 2011 winners were revealed at the Four Seasons Hotel on London’s Park Lane.
To scoop the prizes hospitality managers in Greater London have to achieve in their individual careers while also showing commitment to their respective companies and to their own career development.
Chairman of the London Branch of The Institute of Hospitality, Eamonn Cole, said: “In these times of perceived austerity, it is very reassuring to know that good employers still appreciate the importance of recognising and rewarding talent within their organisations.”
Tips for career success
Celebrating Brad Mumford, night manager at the Four Seasons Hotel on London’s Park Lane and one of the hospitality professionals who took home an award, the regional vice president of Four Seasons and general manager of the Park Lane hotel, John Stauss, said it was Mumford’s commitment to high standards that had won him the accolade.
Sharing his tips for success, Stauss said maintaining standards in both quality and customer service while ‘going the extra mile’ for guests was vital.
The training director at leanrpurple, who partnered the running of the awards, Mary-Jane Flanagan said the winners had all shown the importance of team work and being recommended by your peers and managers.
Hospitality’s got talent
The full list of the winners of the London branch of The Institute of Hospitality Aspiring Manager Awards 2011 are:
- Stephane Dartois, operations manager, Hilton Worldwide
- Brad Mumford, night manager, Four Seasons Hotel London at Park Lane
- Arshan Motorwala, head chef, Jurys Inn
- Ian McDowell, manager in training, Burhill Golf (nominated by the Club Managers Association of Europe)
- Fiona Andrews, account manager, EPSYS – Acquire Services
- Yusuf Hassan, assistant financial controller, The Cavendish Hotel
- Beatriz Orta, operations manager, Guoman and Thistle Hotels
- Nikki Goodwin, reservations and sales office manager, Ramada Plaza Southport (nominated by RateTiger UK)
- Lucy Clayton, sales and events co-ordinator, Harbour & Jones.