All areas of the industry have been represented by the finalists who will find out at The Big Event on 27 February who wins the title and the chance to work with mentors Ben Spalding, Alan Murchison and Esher Williams.
The finalists are:
- Allanah Doe, pastry chef, The Savoy, London
- April Partridge, commis chef, The Ivy, London
- Jonathan Wheeldon, assistant manager, Ruthin Castle Hotel, Denbighshire
- Laura Daniels, commis chef, The Chester Grosvenor, Chester
- Shaun Longmire, chef, Nonnas, Sheffield
- Tom Bowen, manger, The White Hart, Barnes
Each finalist has been asked to produce a 'talking heads' style video about themselves and why they should win, which will be viewed and judged by Spalding, Murchison, Williams and Restaurant editor William Drew before deciding the winner.
In an interview with BigHospitality last month, Williams and Spalding said they would be looking for 'drive, determination, dedication and passion' among the entries for a potential winner.
Spalding said: "There are signs of talent everywhere, but sometimes people need that extra bit of confidence to show through and that's why competitions like this can help increase their confidence and raise standards."
Follow BigHospitality on Twitter to find out the winner when it is announced and return to the site on 28 February for the full story.