The hotel is one of 650 identified by Expedia's customers as consistently delivering great service and giving guests an 'exceptional' experience as well as being considered good value for money.
In all, 14 hotels in the UK figure on the list which ranks the hotels across the world by taking into account their reviews alongside other factors such as their star ratings and their location in relation to comparable properties within their market.
Expedia said the list is designed to celebrate hotels that are recognised as outstanding by guests, while also give them a greater presence through the website itself which in turn could boost bookings.
“When we publish the list, we reward those hotels by doing more than just sending them a plaque; we lift them up and make them visible through every stage of the booking process, rewarding their value and quality of service,” said Seamus MacCormaic, senior director market management at Expedia.
“This has a large impact as millions of travellers visit Expedia’s 30 global- travel sites every day and means hotels, whatever their size and star rating have the ability to be ‘seen and heard within this large marketplace.”
The UK hotels appearing on the Expedia Insiders' Select 2012 list are:
- Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen
- InterContinental London Park Lane
- The Knight Residence
- Hilton London Tower Bridge
- Hilton London Canary Wharf
- Sofitel London St James
- Arora Hotel Manchester
- Hotel Missoni Edinburgh
- Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London
- St Ermin’s Hotel – McGallery Collection
- The Marylebone Hotel
- Windemere Hotel
- K&K Hotel George
- Lancaster London
MacCormaic said nearly 80 per cent of hotels on this year's list were new, indicating that guests frequently changed their views and therefore he is encouraging hoteliers not to rest on their laurels and continually listen to feedback from guests.
Expedia has also created a checklist for hoteliers to increase their chances of appearing on the list
- Ensure guests give you a good review
- Create an ‘experience’ for guests, don’t just provide somewhere to stay
- Give good customer service
- Keep up-to-date with ever-changing customer views
- Keep on top of trends so you remain ‘one step ahead’ of competitors