Members of the hospitality industry and the sporting community came together for the event at the Royal Automobile Club on 20 September to cheer on the 22 boxers taking part.
Participants, who included Sirieix, chef Marcus Wareing, Monica Galetti of Le Gavroche, Paolo de Tarso of Bar Boulud and Will Holland of La Becasse, were matched to those with a similar weight a week before the event before getting into the ring to compete in three two minute bouts.
Boxers spent months training to get ready for the event, which Sirieix set up to raise money for Galvin's Chance, the Hilton in the Community programme he founded to help give disadvantaged or ‘at risk’ young people the opportunity to train and work front-of-house in some of London’s finest restaurants and hotels.
Sirieix told BigHospitality: "I box and I like boxing and I just thought it would be a good idea to raise funds for Galvin's chance and do something different. It didn't take long to persuade all the boxers. The tickets sold within two weeks and I think it has really captured the imagination of people."
Sirieix's own fight with Wareing, a former amateur boxer, was the final one of the night and saw Wareing beat Sirieix in an intense bout. Other matches included Galetti against TV presenter Penny Mallory and Hayden Groves of BaxterStorey versus Paolo de Tarso.
Sky Sports presenter Charlie Webster and Nigel Barden hosted the event while former England footballer Graeme Le Saux, boxing champion David Haye, rugby stars James Haskell and Paul Doran Jones were all in attendance. Those watching from the industry included Bruno Loubet, Raymond Blanc and Simon Rogan.
Guests were served food prepared by Daniel Boulud, Michel Roux Jr, Raymond Blanc, Brett Graham, Jeff and Chris Galvin and Philip Corrick and were asked to take part in a charity raffle and auction to help raise more money for the charity.
A live stream viewing of the event was also held at Aura in Mayfair which could also be accessed via the Rumble in the Kitchen website.
Donations are still welcome. To donate click here.
Rumble in the Kitchen: The results
- Emile ‘The Galvinator’ Galvin, head of maintenance vs Joe ‘Rhino’ Ryan, director, Aura Mayfair
Winner: Emile Galvin
- Matteo ‘The Outlaw’ Cristini, waiter, The Hawksmoor vs Vinicius ‘The Brazilian Tiger’ Frigo, waiter, The Hawksmoor
Winner: Matteo Cristini
- Sara ‘Bellatrix’ Cristini, assistant general manager, The Hawksmoor/Seven Dials vs Stéphanie ‘Rukia’ Srey, chef de rang, Galvin at Windows
Winner: Sara Cristini
- Hayden ‘The Blond Menace’ Groves, executive chef, BaxterStorey vs Paulo ‘Rocky’ De Tarso, senior maitre d', Bar Boulud at The Mandarin Oriental
Winner: Hayden Groves
- Omar ‘El Matador’ Allibhoy, head chef, El Pirata de Tapas vs Stefan 'The Hatchet' Chomka, deputy editor Restaurant magazine
Winner: Omar Allibhoy
- Monica ‘The Hacker’ Galetti, senior sous chef, Le Gavroche vs Penny ‘The Mighty' Mallory’, motivational speaker and TV presenter
Winner: Monica Galetti
- Andrew McLeish ‘Unleash McLeish’ head chef, Chapter One Restaurant vs Neil 'The Raging Rambler' Ramsey, chef, The Lansdowne Club
Winner: Andrew McLeish
Dean ‘The Machine’ Yasharian, executive chef, Bar Boulud at The Mandarin Oriental vs Ashley Westwood
- Luigi ‘The Italian Stallion’ Vespero, head chef, Galvin Bistrot de Luxe vs Michele 'The Chubby Destroyer’ Caggianese, restaurant manager, The Rib Room Restaurant at The Jumeirah Carlton Tower
- Matt ‘The Loose Cannon’ Wilkin, master sommelier and co-owner of H2Vin Ltd vs Will 'Mad Dog’ Holland, head chef La Bécasse
Winner: Will Holland
- Fred Sirieix ‘Sugar Fred, The Stinger’, general manager, Galvin at Windows vs Marcus 'The Hitman' Wareing, chef and restaurateur, Marcus Wareing at the Berkeley and The Gilbert Scott
Winner: Marcus Wareing