Over 600 guests from across the industry attended the Awards which saw Le Manoir Aux Quat’ Saisons sweep the board with a record-breaking four accolades.
Raymond Blanc’s two-Michelin-starred restaurant took home the gong for Best Student Placement, Best Recruitment Initiative, Education Pipeline and The Young people Award.
“To win four awards in one night is absolutely amazing and I’m delighted for the whole team as it is a team effort,” said Philip Newman, Le Manoir’s director and general manager.
David Mulcahy (pictured)
Meanwhile, the coveted Chris Beaumont Award was given to David Mulcahy from Sodexo for his loyal contribution and support for the Springboard FutureChef programme over the past 12 years.
Mulhacy said: “It’s great recognition for all the work I have done with Springboard, especially FutureChef, which I have enjoyed helping to develop over the years and something which is very close to my heart.
“It’s great that I, along with Sodexo, can have a positive impact on these young people’s lives and something which I hope to continue doing for many more years to come.”
The Academy of Culinary Artsp was winner of the Best Regional Initiative Award for its Pyramid Project – which the judges felt ‘engaged with three main levels of education - teaching young people about key issues such as nutrition, education and child obesity was a great blueprint for projects nationwide’.
Other winners at the 2012 Springboard Awards for Excellence: -
- New Media Award –The Brookwood Partnership
- The People Innovation Award – Creiff Hydro
- Best Chef Strategy- BDL Management Ltd
- Best Management Strategy – Accor UK & Ireland
- Best Food & Beverage Strategy – Vintage Inns
- Diversity in Employment Award – Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants
- Best Career Progression Award – InterContinental London Park Lane
- Retention Award – Charles Wells Pub Compnay
- Corporate Responsibility Award – Paul Bakery
- Best Employer Award – Guoman and Thistle Hotels
- Springboard Ambassador’s Award - Ann Wulf, Marriot Marble Arch.
For over 20 years, Springboard have been helping young, unemployed and disadvantaged people into careers in hospitality, leisure and tourism as well as being the industry’s natural partner in improving its image, attracting new talent and addressing skills shortages.
For more information on last night’s Awards, visit www.awards.springboard.uk.net