The four-star Westminster hotel, which forms part of Accor's MGallery collection of venues, received the prize in a ceremony held at the the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge hotel just before Christmas.
Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants were also celebrating following the luncheon after being named Corporate Employer of the Year by the organisation formerly known as BAHA.
Other winners included Adolf Schauer, financial controller, The Cavendish; Clinton Campbell, group revenue manager, Apex Hotels and Kate Roberts, senior director information resources central services for Marriott Hotels who were respectively named as the leading finance, revenue management and IT professionals.
"We are delighted to have an organisation as prestigious as HOSPA giving us recognition for something we believe is fundamental to the success of our team," Hilary Archer, human resources manager at St Ermin's, told BigHospitality, speaking about the hotel's win.
The hotel was awarded the prize by HOSPA as a result of its commitment to staff in its accounts team who are allowed to pursue a professional qualification and are supported financially to do so.
"As an independent employer it’s important for our employees to have the necessary skills to ensure maximum effectiveness in their roles and also that they as individuals are able to access the best training to enhance their future career opportunities," Archer added.
Responding to the win for Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants, Patrick Dempsey, managing director, said: "Here at Premier Inn we realise that the training and leadership of our team members is key to the smooth running of our business and to the excellent customer service which we pride ourselves on.
"To be acknowledged for our dedication in this area by the renowned HOSPA selection committee is a great honour,” he added.
Mark Lightbound, a director of finance for two hotels in the No Ordinary Hotel group, was given a special award for Outstanding Services to BAHA and its Successor HOSPA.
Lightbound is retiring from his voluntary role as BAHA then HOSPA Treasurer after eighteen years in the post.
As well as the main awards, HOSPA named a series of prize winners from amongst its students studying for the association's Education and Training Programmes (ETP).
HOSPA Hospitality Finance, Revenue Management and IT Awards of the Year 2012 - the winners in full:
- Hospitality Finance Professional 2012, sponsored by PKF - Adolf Schauer, financial controller, The Cavendish
- Hospitality Revenue Management Professional 2012, sponsored by Infor - Clinton Campbell, group revenue manager, Apex Hotels
- Hospitality IT Professional 2012, sponsored by FourteenIP - Kate Roberts, senior director information resources central services, Marriott Hotels
- Corporate Employer of the Year 2012 - Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants
- SME Employer of the Year 2012 - St. Ermin’s hotel
- Special Award for Outstanding Services to BAHA and its Successor HOSPA - Mark Lightbound, Director of Finance at Coombe Abbey Hotel and Lumley Castle Hotel (No Ordinary Hotel group)