Fifteen level three culinary students took part in the semi-final of the competition at the Electrolux Training Academy in Luton last week where they were tested on invention and skill in the kitchen as well as their ability to handle a high-pressured environment.
Judge Hulstone, who will welcome the three winners to cook with him at his Torquay restaurant The Elephant, said: “What we were looking for from chefs yesterday was the passion to succeed. There’s already some great talent and skills present from these chefs, but as well as looking for great cooks, it was about selecting people that have the ability to work well in a high pressured kitchen."
The finalists will now go on to compete at Westminster Kingsway College in July.
- Viktoria Bernataviciute, Northampton College
- Elizabeth Allen, Westminster College
- Jonah Kellar, City College Plymouth
- Garry Dick, Lewisham College
- Christian Paul Abbott, City of Bristol
- Damon Jones, Fareham College
- Giuseppe Giorgio Finocchio, Westminster Kingsway College