Exclusive to Crown Cellars and only available to the on-trade, the O&E range (the initials stand for ‘Open & Enjoy’) has been created to appeal to consumers looking for no-fuss wines with lots of of flavour.
The O&E range incudes:
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Chile - Gutsy red full of juicy blackcurrant fruit and a touch of mint.
- Sauvignon Blanc, Vin de France - Fresh and zingy with attractive citrus notes.
- Zinfandel Rosé, California - Light-bodied and sweet, full of summer berry fruit flavour.
- Pint Grigio, Italy - Crisp, fresh white with touches of ripe pear and apple.
- Merlot, Vin de Pays d’Oc, France - Soft and juicy with perfumed red fruit character.
The Crown Cellars O&E range features contemporary design and clear descriptions to help consumers select by wine style, flavour and varietal. The wines have been selected by Louise Boddington, Crown Cellars wine buyer, and Jonathan Pedley, Master of Wine and Crown Cellars’ wine consultant.
The products are available at an introductory price of £24.48 for a case of six 75cl bottles.
To find out more or place your order for the O&E wine range, call the Crown Cellars Customer contact centre on 08457 820 820 05, or visit the Crown Cellars website at www.crown-cellars.co.uk
Why you should buy it:
Boddington said: “Like all the wines in our portfolio. The wines in the O&E range are chosen to be cracking examples of their varietal and region.
“While the complex tasting notes and traditional labelling used by some wine ranges appeals to wine writers and enthusiasts, in the on-trade consumers often want to make quick decision based on clear information.
“To meet this need we’ve kept the O&E branding and descriptions very straightforward, ensuring the wines have a strong appeal to customers looking for an easy choice in pubs and restaurants. As the name suggests, all you have to do is simply ‘open and enjoy’ a bottle.”