The South-West based business led by Alex Reilly, which operates 35 sites under its Lounge brand and six under the Cosy Club title, won the top accolade at the awards at The Merchants Tavern in Shoreditch last night.
Event host Restaurant editor William Drew congratulated Reilly and his team on the award: "It's been another hugely impressive year for Alex’s rapidly expanding chain of informal, neighbourhood food-led bars and Cosy Clubs that have become masters of the off-pitch site," he said.
Trinity Kitchen, the new street-food concept within Trinity Leeds shopping centre, won Innovation of the Year while Oakman Inns was named Pub Company of the Year for its estate of 'well-appointed pubs' that have become 'super-successful' all-day dining destinations.
Other winners included Bill's for Most Effective Design, Wahaca for Best Drinks Offer and Chicken Shop for Best New Scaleable Concept.
Organised by Restaurant magazine, the awards are designed to give recognition to large and small multiple operators who are doing well within their sector. To compete, a shortlist for each category is drawn up by Restaurant magazine before members of the R200 vote for their winners. Members are not allowed to vote for their own business.
R200 Awards 2013:
- Most Effective Design - Bill’s
- Best Drinks Offer - Wahaca
- Best Value Restaurant Operator - Honest Burgers
- Pub Company of the Year - Oakman Inns
- Innovation of the Year - Trinity Kitchen Project, Land Securities
- Sustainable National Restaurant Operator - Carluccio’s
- Best Family Operator - Pizza Express
- Best New Scaleable Concept - Chicken Shop
- Operator of the Year - Loungers