Available through distributor Hi-Spirits, the five Antique Collection whiskeys include: -
- Eagle Rare 17 Year Old: The 2012 edition of this bourbon won a Gold Medal at the 2012 International Wine and Spirits Competition, with the 2013 edition distilled in the spring of 1993.
- George T. Stagg: With the 2012 edition named the World’s Best North American Whiskey at the World Whiskies Awards, the 2013 edition of this uncut, unfiltered bourbon was distilled in the spring of 1997.
- Sazerac Rye 18 Year Old: Last year’s release was awarded a Liquid Gold Award in Jim Murray’s 2013 Whisky Bible. The 2013 edition of this rye whiskey is described as mellow spice, vanilla sweetness, mint, and a dry finish.
- Thomas H. Handy Sazerac Rye: An uncut and unfiltered straight rye whiskey, the 2012 edition was named World Whisky of the Year in Jim Murray’s 2013 Whisky Bible. This year’s edition was distilled in the spring of 2007.
- William Larue Weller: An uncut, unfiltered, wheated recipe bourbon, the 2012 edition was named the Second Finest Whisky in the World in Jim Murray’s 2013 Whisky Bible. The 2013 edition was distilled in the spring of 2001.
The annually-released Antique Collection whiskeys are produced at the historic Buffalo Trace Distillery in Kentucky.
The release of limited allocations of the 2013 Antique Collection comes in a year which has seen the 240-year-old distillery declared a U.S. National Historic Landmark, and the Antique Collection itself inducted into the Spirits Journal Hall of Fame.
At the discretion of the wholesaler.
For more information on The Buffalo Trace Antique Collection 2013 and to secure orders of the limited quantities available, please contact Hi-Spirits on 01932 252 100, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.hi-spirits.com.
Why you should buy it:
Nielsen data shows that there are now 3.6m regular American whiskey drinkers in the UK, typically younger that Scotch drinkers, with 43 per cent under-35. Mark Brown, president of Buffalo Trace parent company Sazerac, had the chance to meet UK Bourbon enthusiasts at the 1960s-themed Buffalo Bourbon Empire pop-up bar during London Cocktail Week.
Brown said: “We’re very excited about the growth of American whiskey in the UK, and especially the emergence of consumer and trade interest in premium and super premium Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskeys and Kentucky Straight Rye Whiskeys”.
Dan Bolton, managing director of Hi-Spirits, added: “There is always high demand for our limited UK allocation of the 2013 Antique Collection, and we expect that to be higher than ever this year.”