The Greenhouse, which picked up a second Michelin star with the release of the 2014 UK and Ireland guide last year, was the only restaurant to be awarded four AA rosettes.
AA Hotel Services manager Simon Numphud said the Mayfair restaurant, whose kitchen is overseen by Arnaud Bignon and is owned by the MARC group, was 'everything' the awarding body looked for in a four rosette restaurant.
"Namely a passion for excellence, superb technical kills and intense ambition as well as national recognition for its cooking," he said.
Eighteen restaurants, many of them earning their first Michelin star last year, received three rosettes.
"Restaurants serving food of a three rosette standard are worthy of recognition from well beyond their local area. I am delighted that these restaurants hail from such far-reaching parts of the country, and is a great demonstration that wherever you are in Great Britain you can find excellent AA rosetted restaurants," said Numphud.
The new 3 Rosette restaurants are:
- Black Swan Hotel, Helmsley
- Fallowfields Hotel and Restaurant, Kingston Bagpuize
- Restaurant Tristan, Horsham
- Restaurant Story, London SE1
- The Grove, Narberth
- Bo London Restaurant, London W1
- The Lovat, Loch Ness, Fort Augustus
- Ormer, St Helier, Jersey
- Design House Restaurant, Halifax
- Hedone, London W4
- HKK, London EC2
- Roux at Parliament Square, London SW1
- Galvin at Windows Restaurant and Bar, London W1
- The Black Swan, Oldstead
- Lower Slaughter Manor, Lower Slaughter
- The Burlington at Devonshire Arms, Bolton Abbey
- Adam’s Restaurant, Birmingham
- Bingham, Richmond upon Thames