Each loaf in the range will be under the ‘Bridor by Lalos’ label, with some having been developed in partnership with acclaimed baker and winner of the French Craftsmanship Award for Bakery, Frédéric Lalos.
Bridor by Lalos Well-Being Breads
- Sweet Sourdough loaf, 330g - A 330g loaf. Using T150 wheat, this is a good source of fibre.
- Buckwheat and Raisin Sourdough, 350g - A 350g loaf made from wheat and buckwheat flours with a generous amount of raisins resulting in a strong grape aroma and flavour on the palate.
- Muesli Loaf, 280g - A 280g wheat and rye loaf made with dried fruits, oatmeal and honey. Filled with cranberries, dried apricots and chopped hazelnuts. Finished with flaked almonds.
- Wheat and rye bread with lemon confit and lemon zest, 330g - A double hit of lemon from both the zest and confit. The addition of Rye suggests an aroma and flavour of citrus and hay, which works especially well with seafood and fish.
- Wheat and rye walnut bread, 400g - Inspired by the Alsace region, where winemakers have always tasted their wines with hunks of walnut bread, this recipe contains generous chunks of walnuts. It has notes of pepper and an intense nutty flavour. Especially good with artisan cheese.
- Wheat and chestnut bread, 330g - Inspired by a traditional South West France speciality, this bread is made with wheat and chestnut flours and filled with chestnut pieces. It has aromas of baked apple and chestnut, pairing well with poultry.
- Wheat and rye bread with dried figs, 330g - A very fruity bread with large pieces of dried fig over a background of Rye. Especially good with Foie Gras or cheese.
Frédéric Lalos Sharing Breads
- Great Spelt Loaf - A rustic Wheat and Spelt sourdough woody notes of acidity, mixed with honey and black cherry.
- Grand Parisien 50cm - A Wheat and Sourdough loaf with a pearly white centre and fresh nose.
- Grand Pochon 50cm - A rustic sourdough loaf made with wheat and buckwheat flour. It has a caramelized crust and the aroma and flavour of honey.
- Grand Céréalier 50cm - Packed with grains and cereals, this wheat sourdough contains sunflower, sesame, yellow and brown flax seeds and malted wheat. The interior is cream with a roasted bean flavour.
100% Baked Bread
- Small wheat cobble, 30g
- Wheat and sourdough cobble, 55g
- Plain stick, 40g – a soft ciabatta style bread with thin crust,
- Cereal stick, 40g – a soft ciabatta style bread with thin crust and mixture of sunflower, sesame, brown flax, millet and cumin seeds.
- Black olive stick, 45g – a ciabatta style bread with black olives
Unnecessary additives have been eliminated (such as improvers, emulsifiers and preservatives), while taste and quality has not been sacrificed: each bread has a touch of olive oil for added softness and is stone baked.
Defrosting only takes one minute in a microwave or 30 minutes at ambient temperature.
Bridor de France will showcase all four new collections at Food Expo which takes place from 24-26 March at the NEC Birmingham.
Why you should buy them:
A statement from Bridor de France read: “At breakfast, Bridor’s loaves are a source of pleasure and well-being with seeds, fibre and fruit. At lunchtime, they come in different sizes, textures and varied flavours.
“And finally as an ingredient Bridor’s new breads enables the development of gourmet dishes and creative, delicious sandwiches.”