Hospitality Assured is the Institute of Hospitality’s standard for business and service excellence. It aims to encourage businesses to look at how they operate from a customer’s perspective to find where improvements can happen.
The winners of the Hospitality Assured Awards were spread across a wide range of sectors of the hospitality industry. The awards comprised of earned awards, including the highest scoring organisation and highest scoring newcomer, and awards chosen by the judges.
Those on the judging panel were chief executive of the British Hospitality Association Ufi Ibrahim, associate dean and forte professor of hospitality management at Surrey University Andrew Lockwood, chief executive of the Institute of Hospitality Peter Ducker. The awards were as follows:
- Highest Scoring Organisation: The Møller Centre, Cambridge
- Highest Scoring Newcomer: The Landmark London
- Most Innovative use of the standard: Rabbie’s Trail Burners
- Champion of the Year: Ernest Grainger, Oxford Brookes University
- Team of the Year: St Andrew’s Restaurant and Catering Team, Northampton