The last finalist through, Spencer Metzger from The Ritz, has joined the list after winning the Royal Academy of Culinary Arts Young Chef of the Year award, which meant he was automatically seeded a place. Other seeded chefs include Julien Pickersgill, who won the British Culinary Federation Young Chef of the Year, and Josh Bingham, who was highest achiever at the Craft Guild of Chefs Graduate Awards. They join the five young chefs who made it through the semi-final heats in June.
The eight finalists are:
- Julien Pickersgill, House of Commons, London
- Josh Bingham, Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’ Saisons, Oxfordshire
- Spencer Metzger, The Ritz Hotel, London
- April Lily Partridge, The Club at The Ivy, London
- Claire Willett, Wyboston Lakes, Bedfordshire
- Daniel Lee, Brooklands Hotel, Surrey
- James Goodyear, Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’ Saisons, Oxfordshire
- Luke Selby, Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’ Saisons, Oxfordshire
The winner will be decided on 7 October when the finalists compete in front of a live audience at The Restaurant Show. An awards ceremony afterwards will honour the winner and two runners up, as well as revealing the National Chef of the Year 2014.