Corporate finance adviser Duff & Phelps, headed by managing directors Paul Clark, David Whitehouse and Paul Williams, was been appointed as administrator for the firm on 4 August.
“UK Group of Hotels has been placed into administration to assist the restructuring of banking facilities. None of the subsidiaries of the parent company are affected by this process and all hotels will continue their day to day operations as normal.
“All staff will retain their roles, existing bookings will be honoured and new bookings taken with no affect to customers’ statutory rights, as well as all supplier relationships continuing as previously,” A Duff & Phelps statement said.
Business as usual
The Hotel Collection confirmed that it was ‘business as usual’.
Originally operated by Barcelo, the 21 hotels owned by the former Puma Hotels were rebranded in May 2012 when the Spanish firm decided to pull out of the UK market.
In June this year, Puma Hotels renamed itself The Hotel Collection in an effort to stress the individuality of its properties.
At the time, CEO Fredrik Korallus, said: “The new name reflects our desire to build upon our successful strategy to focus on the strengths of the individual hotels, many of which are iconic properties, well known in the market in their own right.
“Since taking over management of the collection, we have achieved strong revenue growth predominantly driven by the resurgence in the meetings and events market, as well as strong leisure demand.
“We will continue our focus on providing excellent customer service through high quality management both centrally and throughout our individual hotels.”
The Hotel Collection includes:
- The Lygon Arms Broadway, Cotswolds
- The Cheltenham Park Hotel, Cheltenham
- The Walton Hall, Warwickshire
- The Daventry Court Hotel, Northamptonshire
- The Walton Hotel, Warwickshire
- The Hinckley Island Hotel, Leicestershire
- The Billesley Manor Hotel, Warwickshire
- The Palace Hotel, Buxton
- The Redworth Hall Hotel, Country Durham
- The Shrigley Hall Hotel, Cheshire
- The Imperial Hotel, Blackpool
- The Majestic Hotel, Harrogate
- The Stirling Highland Hotel, Stirlingshire
- The Carlton Hotel, Edinburgh
- The Marine Hotel, Troon
- The Oxford Hotel, Oxford
- The Basingstoke Country Hotel, Hampshire
- The Old Ship Hotel, Brighton
- The Combe Grove Manor Hotel, Bath
- The Imperial Hotel, Torquay
- The Angel Hotel, Cardiff