The competition will take place on 6 October in The Restaurant Show’s Competition Theatre. Young competitors will have five hours to create a unique sugar sculpture which shows ‘style and flair’.
Chair of the UK Pastry Club Benoit Blin MCA said: “The UK pastry club is very proud to bring the first competition of this kind to The Restaurant Show.
“We are all really excited to see the best of our industry’s youngsters showcasing live the beautiful skill of pulled sugar craft.
“Personally I hope that this will demonstrate what can be done with commitment and dedication and that it will inspire more to do the same in the future.”
The candidates include:
- Rudy Kwun Wing Yiu, Hotel Café Royal, London
- Alannah Doe, The Address, Dubai
- Florian Quinette, Nadell Patisserie, London
- Jamie Houghton, Le Manoir aux Quat' Saisons, Oxford
- Pablo Harry Ruggero, The Thomas Cubitt, London
- Félicien Christe, The Savoy, London