Midsummer House topped the UK chart and was second only to Spain's El Cellar de Can Roca on the worldwide ranking in the 2014 Travellers’ Choice Restaurants awards, announced today.
“I am delighted that Midsummer House has been named the second best restaurant in the world in these awards. TripAdvisor has become such a huge platform for guests to communicate experiences within our industry,” said Clifford.
“At Midsummer House we welcome feedback from our guests and therefore monitor our TripAdvisor page closely.
“I am so proud of the team and what we have achieved in the last twelve months, it is lovely this has been acknowledged with this award. The fact that these awards are based on customer feedback makes us so happy, as we strive to make our Cambridge restaurant the best experience for all of our diners.”
UK fine dining
Raymond Raymond Blanc’s Le Manoir Aux Quat’Saisons in Great Milton and Michel Roux Jr’s Le Gavroche also made it into the world top ten, making the UK the second favourite destination for fine dining restaurants this year.
“Over half of British travellers have visited a particular destination just to go to a specific restaurant, so a great fine dining establishment can give a real visitor boost not just to that business, but to the local area too,” said TripAdvisor spokesperson, James Kay.
“With winning restaurants spread right across the UK, these awards are further proof of the country’s thriving fine dining scene.”
Travellers’ Choice Favourite Fine Dining Restaurants UK:
- Midsummer House, Cambridge
- Le Manoir Aux Quat’Saisons, Great Milton
- Le Gavroche, London
- Adam’s, Birmingham
- Lumiere, Cheltenham
- Restaurant Sat Bains, Nottingham
- Restaurant Gordon Ramsey, London
- Maison Bleue Restaurant, Bury St. Edmunds
- Gidleigh Park, Chagford
- The Fat Duck, Bray on Thames
Travellers’ Choice Favourite Fine Dining Restaurants Worldwide:
- El Celler de Can Roca, Girona, Spain
- Midsummer House, Cambridge, UK
- Maison Lameloise, Chagny, France
- The French Café, Auckland, New Zealand
- Alinea, Chicago, United States
- El Club Allard, Madrid, Spain
- Epicure, Paris, France
- Le Manoir Aux Quat’Saisons, Great Milton, UK
- Le Gavroche, London, UK
- Martin Berasategui, San Sebastian, Spain
For the complete list of 2014 Travellers' Choice Restaurant winners click here