The Italian sparkling water brand is searching for culinary talent across 20 countries, with a celebrity chef panel in each market deciding which youngsters to send to the global final in Milan next summer.
Young Chef 2015 is open to anyone under the age of 30 who is employed as a chef, sous chef or chef de partie.
UK & Ireland
Entries for Young Chef 2015 from the UK and Ireland are now open and those wishing to enter should submit their CV, along with details of their signature dish, via the Fine Dining Lovers website, by 15 December 2014.
ALMA - the world’s leading international education and training centre for Italian cuisine – will select ten candidates to go through to a live cooking final, where they will be asked to serve up their signature dish to a panel of UK celebrity chefs.
The panel will choose one young chef to represent the UK in the global final in Milan. One of the celebrity chefs will accompany the finalist and mentor them during their journey.
To add a bit of fashion flair to the competition, Vogue Italia will team each of the 20 chefs with an up-and-coming fashion designer, who will be tasked with interpreting the chef’s signature dish.
All of the dishes and fashion designs will be showcased at EXPO Milan and judged by an international jury, who will select the overall winner.
The criteria, against which the signature dish will be judged, will follow five Golden Rules. Each chef should:
- Successfully select the finest ingredients the market has to offer
- Demonstrate technical skill, transforming the ingredients into a finished dish
- Use their culinary genius to explore new horizons in terms of cuisine style, ensuring creativity shines through in the food
- Deliver a simply beautiful dish
- Communicate clearly to the judges their personal vision and message the dish should deliver
To enter the competition visit Finedininglovers.com and upload your CV, signature dish and photos by 15 December 2014.