The list, which was compiled using more than 340,000 OpenTable diner reviews from across the UK in the last 12 months, placed Restaurant Story as the best UK restaurant, with Restaurant Gordon Ramsay in London coming in second place and The Chefs Table in Chester taking third.
The list ranks the top 10 restaurants in the UK in order, and also gives an alphabetised list of the top 100 restaurants.
The OpenTable Top 10 Best Restaurants 2014:
- Restaurant Story, London (British cuisine)
- Restaurant Gordon Ramsay, London (contemporary French cuisine)
- The Chefs Table, Chester (British cuisine)
- The Five Fields, London (British cuisine)
- The Fat Duck, Berkshire (British cuisine)
- Dinner by Heston Blumenthal, London (British cuisine)
- The Ledbury, London (contemporary European cuisine)
- Pond Dalston, London, (Hawaiian cuisine)
- Fera at Claridge’s, London (contemporary British cuisine)
- The Grill at the Dorchester, London, (British cuisine)
OpenTable’s list showed that London is still dominating when it comes to top UK restaurants, with eight out of the top 10 restaurants being located in the capital city.
Restaurants which serve British cuisine dominated both the top 10 and the top 100 lists. European cuisine was the second most popular, taking almost a quarter of the spots on the top 100 list, and French cuisine came in third, with 17 spots on the top 100 list.
OpenTable’s managing director Mike Xenakis said: "The Top 100 list represents the best of UK dining. At OpenTable our aim is to enable diners to discover the perfect restaurant for every type of occasion and provide great dining experiences.
“The reviews left by diners on our site are an invaluable resource for those seeking culinary inspiration, and it is this expert feedback that we mine to compile the Top 100 list. We're proud to celebrate with these restaurants and give them and their head chefs the recognition they deserve."
The complete list of OpenTable Top 100 Best Restaurants 2014 can be found here.