The awards recognise the country’s top licensees, with judging based on the finalist’s ability to display business acumen, operational skills, customer service standards and the ability to be innovative in the market.
The finalists are as follows:
· Tim Tomlinson - Merchants 1688, Lancaster
· Mike Wheeler - Penwig, New Quay
· John Horton - Abbey House Hotel & Gardens, Barrow-in-Furness
· Sandy Castle - The Fatling, Hornchurch
· Tim and Liz Hore – The Victoria Inn, Salcombe
· Keith and Diane Marsden - The Prince of Wales, Mosley
“It is an extremely impressive achievement to be crowned as the BII Licensee of the Year and despite the high number of industry awards at present, it is still considered to be the industry’s most coveted award,” said Tim Hulme, chief executive of the BII.
On 7 May a judging panel of 12 industry experts will interview the finalists and decide on a winner, to be announced at the Summer Event and Annual Lunch on 2 June. Tickets to the event are available at http://biievents.org/