- Chef shortages were the topic of the week, with Daniel Clifford calling for the industry to tackle the issue or face its demise.
Here's how chefs reacted to his comments.
- A controversial 'ribbon' hotel which critics dubbed 'too shiny and reflective' has recieved planning permission in Edinburgh.
- Restaurant groups including Pizza Express and Casual Dining Group were criticised for taking cut of staff tips paid on credit card.
- InterContinental Hotel Group (IHG) is trialling a robot server at its Crowne Plaza hotel.
- There was bad news for the late night market - almost half of all UK nightclubs have closed in the last decade.