Michelin UK revealed the full list of new recipients on Twitter on the same day the entire Guide was apparently leaked via a bookshop ahead of its official release tomorrow (17 September).
The Bib Gourmand recognises both quality and value of food, and is awarded only to restaurants serving three courses for under £28/€40.
A total of 25 new Bib's were awarded, 18 in England – including five in London - five in Ireland and two in Northern Ireland.
The award for Mendes’ Taberna do Mercado, which only opened in May this year, follows the restaurant being named ‘One to Watch’ at this year’s National Restaurant Awards.
Kerridge received a Bib Gourmand for The Coach, while his pub The Hand and Flowers held on to its two Michelin Stars.
For the full list of new Michelin Stars awarded this year, see here.
New Michelin Bib Gourmand recipients 2016
- Shikumen, Shepherds Bush
- Blixen, Spitalfields
- Tabera do Mercado, Spitalfields
- L’amorosa, Ravenscourt Park
- Dehesa, Soho
- The Swan Wine Kitchen, Kent
- The Hundred of Ashendon, Ashendon
- The Coach, Marlow
- Oli’s Thai, Oxford
- No Man’s Grace, Bristol
- The Dunsforth, York
- The White Swan at Fence, Burnley
- Chadwicks Inn, Maltby
- The Anchor Riverside, Hullbridge
- The Square, Porthleven
- Green Café, Ludlow
- Brassica Grill, Stockport
- The Restaurant (at Seaview Hotel), Isle of Wight
- The Copper Hen, Fenor, County Waterford
- 1826 Adare, Limerick
- Café Hans, Cashel
- Giovanelli, Killorglin
- Bastion, Kinsale
- Delahunt, Dublin
- The Pigeon House, Clontarf, Dublin