- Newly established Amaris Hospitality is investing £100m in re-branding 21 hotels as it aims to create a £2bn portfolio.
- It was a big week for awards with Larry Jayasekara, a senior sous chef at the Gordon Ramsay Group, winning National Chef of the Year 2016.
- Danny Hoang, commis chef at The Grove Hotel in Watford took the junior title of Young National Chef of the Year 2016.
- Chef Michael Caines is leaving Michelin-starred Gidleigh Park after 21 years to pursue his own restaurant ventures.
- US chicken wing chain Wing Zone is landing in the UK next month.
For a full run down of this week's news see here.