Applications for the scholarship, which includes a two-week management development course at Cranfield University, Cornell University in the USA, or the École Hôtelière de Lausanne in Switzerland, were received from across the UK's hotel sector.
Stuart Johnson, Brown's Hotel general manager and chairman of the Scholarship Selection Panel, said the 'high quality' of submissions had made the task of choosing scholars 'extremely difficult'.
"It is against this backdrop that we were delighted to be in a position to provide so many scholarships, and we congratulate all those who have been selected to receive this prestigious award," he said.
Now in its 23rd year the Master Innholder Scholarships support hoteliers that would otherwise lack the financial means to complete some of the world’s most respected hotel management courses.
Alumni go on to join St. Julian Scholars and are encouraged to mentor others and share their professional knowledge, for the benefit of the industry at large.
Master Innholders 2016 Scholars:
Cornell General Managers Programme
- Oliver Bateman, director of operations, Hilton on Park Lane
- Marwan Hemchaoui, general manager, The Vineyard
- Neil Braude, general manager, The Cavendish
- Richard Lee, general manager, Ibis Hotel Heathrow
- Tom Waldron-Lynch, general manager, Park Plaza Nottingham
Cornell Professional Development Programme
- Sarah Walsh, front office manager, The Chesterfield
Cranfield Talent Development Programme
- Peter Bradley, director of food & beverage, Rubens Hotel
- Lucy Gregory, deputy general manager, The Arch
- James Matthews, operations director, Clevedon Hall
- James McComas, deputy general manager, Malmaison Birmingham
- Andreas Porias, front of house manager, Gleneagles Hotel
- Alex Robertson, hotel operations manager, Lainston House
- Paul Robinson-Webster, director of food & beverage, The Beaumont Hotel
- Marc Solarz, hotel director, Holiday Inn Stonehenge
- Ben Swindells, operations director, The Hoxton
- Pim Wolfs, general manager, MacDonald Pittodrie House
Lausanne Executive Education Programme
- Gerald Quadros, executive head chef, The Lensbury
- Maris Tucs, front office manager, The Arch