- A Twitter campaign called #noreceiptnoreview, which has taken on the might of TripAdvisor in efforts to clamp down on fake reviews, is attracting growing support from across the industry.
- No show, no refund: The Clove Club's co-owner Daniel Willis spoke to us about the impact the ticketed system it introduced in April is having on business.
- Jamie Scott, winner of MasterChef: The Professionals 2014 is opening his own restaurant in Newport on Tay.
- Aloft Hotels has introduced a new way to communicate with its guests - the emoji. Guests staying at its Manhattan Downtown hotel can text requests for snacks and toiletries to reception using the right emoji combination.
- Healthy fast food chain Leon secured £11.5m in funding to help it expand nationally and internationally.
For a full run-down of this week's news, see here.