Twenty-two companies and individuals in total were given awards at the event at Novotel London West last night (2 November).
Springboard's awards, now in their 13th year are designed to celebrate the best in hospitality with employers who make a significant contribution to attracting and retaining employees recognised.
The Arch London, which has reduced staff turnover from 42 per cent to 23 per cent in the last year picked up the Retention Award while hotel group Accor was rewarded for offering the best career progression.
Anne Pierce, Springboard CEO said: “Staff retention continues to be an issue in this ever changing industry, which is why it’s important to recognise businesses operating within this sector who have devised ground-breaking ways in which to buck this trend.
"The Arch London have developed an engagement programme that is considered, as it is effective. We congratulate them in their continued and outstanding efforts of keeping their staff valued, motivated and rewarded, and we hope that they will prove to be an inspiration for many organisations in this sector.”
FutureChef alumni Ruth Hansom, Steffan Davies, Conor McLean and April Partridge were also present at the awards, winning The Chairman’s 25th Anniversary Award while Springboard chairman Stephen Moss was given the Extraordinary Contribution Award.
“What a fantastic night of celebration to reward people, organisations and projects that work to raise the profile of the hospitality sector and to attract and retain talent to this great industry," said Pierce.
Springboard Awards for Excellence 2015
Category 1 - Promoting Careers
- The Springboard Ambassador Award (Sponsored by Bestway) - Julie Smith, Hand Picked Hotels
- The Best Regional Initiative (Sponsored by Bibendum PLB Group) - Eden Project
- The Education Pipeline Award (Sponsored by Serviceline) - Holiday Inn Norwich North
Category 2 - Attracting and Developing people
- Best Work Experience Provider Award (Sponsored by James Hallam) - Spirit Pub Company
- Best Use of Digital Media Award (Sponsored by DRP) - Delaware North
- Best Recruitment Initiative Award (Sponsored by Cartwheel Recruitment) - Diageo
- The Young People Award (Sponsored by American Express) - The Scottish Apprenticeship in Hospitality
- Best Housekeeping Development Strategy (Sponsored by Bonasystems) - Lancaster London
- Best Chef Development Strategy (Sponsored by Gram UK) - The Chester Grosvenor
- Best Management Development Strategy (Sponsored by Lifetime) - Hilton Worldwide
- Best Food & Beverage Development Strategy (Sponsored by Hand Picked Hotels) - The Edwardian London
Category 3 - Best Employment Practice
- The Diversity in Employment Award (Sponsored by Yap Jobs) - Premier Inn Kensington Cluster
- Best Career Progression Award (Sponsored by Caterer.com) - Accor Hotels (Novotel)
- The Retention Award (Sponsored by Perkbox) - The Arch London
- The Corporate Responsibility Award (Sponsored by Diageo) - River Cottage Ltd.
- Best Employer Award (Sponsored by Collins King & Associates) - The Brookwood Partnership
- Chris Beaumont Special Award (Sponsored by Bidvest Foodservice) - Hannah Horler
- The Chairman's 25th Anniversary Award - Ruth Hansom, Steffan Davies, Conor McLean and April Partridge
- Extraordinary Contribution Award - Stephen Moss, chairman, Springboard.