Rigby has compiled a list of helpful tips to enable hospitality operators to breeze through Christmas, the busiest and most profitable period in the foodservice calendar.
"Premier Foodservice wishes to make this time of the year as stress-free as possible by providing caterers with its range of high-quality, reliable and best-loved brands. From the number one gravy brand, Bisto, to childhood favourite, Ambrosia, Premier Foods has a product to suit a range of savoury and sweet occasions this Christmas," he said.
Top tips for a successful festive season:
- Creating new recipes during the Christmas period will add to the stress of an already busy kitchen, don’t forget the classics and make sure you do a trial run;
- Christmas is a prime time to drive sales by up-selling some items such as stuffing, gravy and custard as accompaniments. Earlier this year Premier Foodservice launched a 1kg pack of Paxo stuffing to make life easier for chefs during the festive season and it's a good idea to shout about the brands used in your menu. Research undertaken by Cambridge Direction for Premier Foodservice earlier this year found that 53 per cent of consumers were positive about seeing the Bisto brand on a menu.
- Make sure your most popular dishes remain at the forefront of your offering to ensure that you do not alienate your regular customers;
- Set menus work well for groups over the festive season. Have a selection of menus with a range of price points on offer to cater for all budgets;
- Request that your large Christmas parties order in advance, this will save time and will help you manage your ingredients orders;
- Sharing dishes can add a sense of theatre throughout the Christmas season; why not create a beef wellington that will feed up to eight people and have customers carve it themselves at the table?
- Get inventive with leftover ingredients. Homepride and Sharwood’s can also add innovative flavour to festive menus and can work particularly well in leftover dishes such as curries and stir fries.
For recipe inspiration and more top tips on how to support and promote offerings this winter, download Premier Foodservice's Winter Warmers calendar.
Everyone who downloads Premier Foodservice's Winter Warmers Calendar (which can be done here) will also be automatically entered into a competition to win a UK break for two.