- Le Gavroche is the latest Michelin restaurant to reduce its opening hours in a bid to improve staff work-life balance. The restaurant will now close on Mondays and run a series of pop-ups, starting with a collaboration between chef patron Michel Roux Jr and his daughter Emily.
- Last week we reported on the issue of overcomplicated menus, but a growing trend is avoiding the problem all together. Single item restaurants are on the rise in London, with new openings specialising in toasted cheese, meatballs, chips and cereal.
- Which website do hoteliers hate more than TripAdvisor? Premier Inn boss Andy Harrison has slammed Airbnb this week, claiming that the Government is failing to properly regulate the site.
- There was much ado about tipping once again as the Governement's consultation in to the practice came to an end. The Association of Licensed Multiple Retailers (ALMR) warned MPs to avoid a 'knee jerk' reaction in imposing new laws, based on a 'misunderstanding' by the media.
- Big News! that YO! Sushi has been sold for £81m, with CEO Vanessa Hall set to step down from the 91-strong chain after two years.
For a full run-down of this week's news see here.