Fourteen restaurants have been given the higher level award, given to restaurants 'that have shown great improvement in the culinary standards and service they are providing.'
Four rosettes were given to The Black Swan at Oldstead, Five Fields in London and Aiden Byrne and Living Ventures' Manchester restaurant Manchester House while 11 restaurants, including A Wong in London and The Gannet in Glasgow received three.
Simon Numphud, head of AA Hotel Services, said restaurants receiving the awards, which are issued twice a year - in January and September - should be 'duly proud of their achievements'.
"The four rosettes restaurants can now classify themselves as among the top restaurants in the country where cooking demands national recognition," he said. "Those with three rosettes are outstanding restaurants that demand recognition well beyond their local area offering sympathetic treatment of the highest quality ingredients with consistent timing, seasoning and judgement of flavour.
"Around just 10 percent of the restaurants in our guide have three rosettes."
New Four AA Rosettes:
- The Black Swan at Oldstead, Yorkshire
- The Five Fields, London SW3
- Manchester House Bar and Restaurant, Manchester
New three AA Rosettes:
- A Wong, London SW1
- Avista, London W1
- Cambium, Careys Manor, Brockenhurst, Hampshire
- The Dial House, Bourton-on-the-Water, Gloucestershire
- The Gannet, Glasgow
- The Hare Inn, Scawton, Yorkshire
- Lake Road Kitchen, Ambleside, Cumbria
- Lumie᷅re, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Orrery, London W1
- Portland, London W1W
- Tassili, Grand Jersey, St Helier, Jersey