- Monica Galetti set the record straight over her widely-publicised comments on female chefs having a family. The ex-Le Gavroche sous chef said it was possible for women working within hospitality to have a career and a family but workplaces need to support them to do so.
- There was much speculation when he left his role as general manager of Claridge's but yesterday London hotel Cafe Royal confirmed it had appointed Kochs managing director of the business.
- Musician, reality TV star and coffee shop owner Peter Andre has hinted that he may be due to do more within the industry after he told Best magazine he was considering opening a chain of restaurants.
- NPD Group predicts that spend within the eating out sector in the UK is set to remain high with UK diners expected to spend £54.7bn by 2017.
- The Restaurant Group's American restaurant brand Coast to Coast took us behind the scenes at its Manchester restaurant in our latest In Operation with... video.
For all of this week's news see here.