- Fresh from his Saturday Kitchen departure James Martin has boarded Virgin Trains as executive chef. Martin's menu - which includes sausage rolls with golden sultana sauce; and premium Black Pudding - will be available for First Class passengers from May.
- The iconic Gleneagles hotel in Scotland is getting a facelift as part of a multi-million pound refurbishment. Developers will introduce 'bold and creative' touches to the site, which includes Andrew Fairlie's eponymous two Michelin-starred restaurant.
- This week's one to watch is ex-Restaurant Gordon Ramsay chef Steven Ellis, who announced plans to open a high-end pub in Windsor this May. Oxford Blue will offer a nose-to-tail menu and use edible flowers from the on-site herb garden.
- Hotel group Marriott has launched a hospitality training academy in Manchester to help young and unemployed people in to work. It is hoped the six-week course will help fill the shortage of staff needed for Manchester's booming hotel and restaurant sector.
- Mark Hix announced plans to expand his nine-strong restaurant portfolio. The chef has partnered with Westbury Street Holdings (WSH) - the owner of Searcy's and Benugo - to launch the new venture, which will be announced 'soon'.
For a full rundown of this week's news see here.