- London is getting a new 24-hour restaurant on the roof of the £1bn 22 Bishopsgate Tower. CBRE is on the hunt for operators for the 30,000 sq.ft site, set to open in 2019.
- Actor Robert De Niro is seeking planning permission to open a luxury boutique hotel in Covent Garden. The 83-room venue will act as a sister site to the Oscar winner's Greenwich Hotel in New York.
- JD Wetherspoon is taking on the high street coffee chains with the launch of 99p takeaway coffee. The pub chain already sells more than 1m cups a week and is hoping to take a bigger slice of the UK's £7.9bn coffee market.
- What do vegetarians really want when they eat out? A new survey for National Vegetarian Week found that many want chefs to ditch meat substitutes and get creative with plants.
- Healthy fast food chain Leon is planning to open restaurants at railway stations across the UK. The group has signed a five-year deal with SSP to roll-out sites nationwide.
For a full rundown of this week's news see here.