- Osteria Francescana in Modena, Italy, has taken the title of the World's Best Restaurant for the first time. Chef-owner Massimo Bottura knocked the Spanish Roca brothers of El Celler de Can Roca in to second place at the annual World's 50 Best Restaurants awards on Monday.
- 50 Best proved a mixed night for the UK with Shoreditch's The Clove Club entering the list at 26th place and Notting Hill's The Ledbury rising to 14th, but Dinner by Heston Blumenthal dropped from seventh to 45th. It is the first time since 2004 that Blumenthal has had no restaurants in the top 10 in the world.
- The UK's first Hard Rock Hotel is set to open in London in 2018. Hard Rock International and glh Hotels are planning to convert the 900-room Cumberland Hotel in Marble Arch in to the entertainment-themed venue, featuring a Hard Rock Cafe, restaurant, bar and spa.
- Property firm Ennismore - the owner of Gleneagles - is to launch a 'stylish' budget hotel brand in 25 key cities across the UK. NoCo hotels will host musical events and cost up to £100 a night when they launch in 2018.
- Fresh from winning the title of the second best restaurant in the world the Spanish Roca brothers have announced plans to open a pop-up at London's Hotel Cafe Royal. From 2-5 August the trio will bring their Girona-inspired cuisine to the five-star venue's Domino restaurant.
For a full rundown of this week's news, click here.