- Burger chain Byron has secured £12m of funding to aid its goal of reaching 100 restaurants over the next three years.
- French group AccorHotels has finalised its purchase of FRHI Hotels & Resorts, owner of the Fairmont, Raffles and Swissotel brands, for £1.9bn.
- Consumer spending on hospitality slumped to its lowest level in three years in the run up to the EU referendum.
- Pizza Hut has translated its entire menu in to emoji to mark World Emoji Day this weekend.
- Four London hotels have been named the best for afternoon tea at the inaugural Afternoon Tea Awards this week.
For a full rundown of this week's news click here.