The Independent Hotelier Award gives recognition to an individual who has made a significant contribution to the boutique and independent hotel sector with those who can prove they've pushed the boundaries, developed their team and the success of their establishment likely winners.
The shortlist for the Independent Hotelier Award is:
- Andrew Wildsmith – owner, Hipping Hall & Forest Side, Cowan Bridge, Kirkby Lonsdale
- Ian and Christa Taylor – owners, Abbey Hotel, Bath & Villa Magdula, Bath
- Paul Milsom – chairman and MD, Milsom Hotels, Essex and Suffolk
- Richard Ball – executive chairman, Calcot, Barnsley House, Lord Crewe Arms, The Painswick
- Kate Levin – general manager, The Capital, Knightsbridge, London
- Edmund and Charles Inkin – owners, EATDRINKSLEEP
Outstanding New Hotel Award
Now in its fourth year, the Outstanding New Hotel Award is designed to highlight and recognise independent, luxury and boutique hotels that have been opened or relaunched within the last three years and have made a significant impact within the industry.
The winning hotel will showcase the pinnacle of innovation, demonstrating outstanding service and guest experience as well as creating a unique personality and hotel culture.
The shortlist is:
- The Laslett, Notting Hill, London
- Penally Abbey, Penally, Wales
- Soho Farmhouse, Great Tew, Oxfordshire
- The Pig at Combe, Honiton, Devon
- Padstow Townhouse, Padstow, Cornwall
- The Royal Oak, Swallowcliffe, Salisbury, Wiltshire
Both awards shortlists were drawn up by industry experts. Voting for the awards is now live with the winners expected to be announced at the Independent Hotel Show at Olympia in London on 18 October.
For more information and to register to attend visit www.independenthotelshow.co.uk.