- The Horse Guards Inn in Tillington, West Sussex, has been named the Good Pub Guide Pub of the Year 2017. The 300-year-old inn beat off competition from 5,000 UK pubs to take the title, with the Guide describing it as having 'all the character that goes with great age'.
- Luxury hotel Claridge's has submitted plans to build a five-storey 'iceberg' basement and 40 extra rooms in a bid to modernise its historic site. The Mayfair hotel said the proposals, which include an underground pool, spa, sauna and wine cellar, would take it 'in to the next century'.
- Michelin-starred Benares is among restaurants now offering free one-hour delivery to Amazon Prime users in selected London areas. More than 100 operators have signed up to the Amazon Restaurants launch, including Strada and Planet Hollywood.
- Pret A Manger is to keep its vegetarian-only pop-up open permanently and is planning to launch more plant-based stores later this year. Pret said customer response to the site had been 'overwhelming', with over 20,000 people giving feedback on the launch.
- The closure of infamous London club Fabric has sparked widespread concern over the future of London's late-night industry. Mayor of London Sadiq Khan said in the past eight years London has lost 50 per cent of its nightclubs and 40 per cent of its live music venues.
For a full rundown of this week's news click here.